Claude Sautet (Montrouge (Suburbs), 1924 – 23 February in Paris (France), 22 July 2000) was a film director and screenwriter French
Sautet was born in Mont rouge (suburbs). Initially, he studied painting and sculpture. He then attended University of film in Paris, where he began his career.
He shot his first film, Bonjour sourire, in 1955. Sautet gained international fame with his 1969 film Les choses la vie, directed and wrote as most of his later films. The film was shown at the Cannes International Film Festival, which was received positively. Les choses vie also helped revive the career of romy schneider, who also acted in other Sautet films such as Max et les ferrailleurs and César et Rosalie.
In 1974, Sautet led Vincent, François, Paul… et les autres, one of his most acclaimed films. Starring some of the most recognized actors in France as yves montand, Gérard depardieu, michel piccoli and stéphane audran. He achieved critical success with Mado. His film Une histoire simple, starring Schneider, was nominated for an Academy Award for best non-English speaking film. Schneider won the César for best actress for his performance.
During the 1980s, Sautet made two films only: Garçon! (starring Yves Montand) and comedy Quelques jours avec moi. In 1993, he won Silver Lion for Best Director and the César award for best director for the film A cœur in hiver. Three years later, returned to win the Cesar for his work in the film Nelly et Monsieur Arnaud. Both films were starring emmanuelle béart.
In addition to writing their own films, Sautet also wrote screenplays for other directors. He died of cancer in Paris in 2000 and was buried in the Cimetière du Montparnasse.
As director and screenwriter
* Nelly et Monsieur Arnaud (1995)
* A cœur in hiver (1991)
* Quelques jours avec moi (1988)
* Garçon! (1983)
* Mauvais fils (1980)
* Une histoire simple (1978)
* MADO (1976)
* Vincent, François, Paul… et les autres (1974)
* César et Rosalie (1972)
* Max et les ferrailleurs (1971)
* Les Choses la vie (1970)
* L’Arme à gauche (1964)
* Classe tous risques (1960)
* Bonjour sourire (1955)
* He Bouif crime (1951, Assistant Director)
* Nous n’irons plus au bois (1951 film)
As a writer
* Intersection (1993)
* Mon ami le traître (1988)
* Les Mariés de an II (1971)
* Borsalino (1970)
* Le Diable par the queue (1969)
* The Chamade (1968)
* Mise à sac (1967)
* La Vie de château (1965)
* Monsieur (1964)
* Free Échappement (1964)
* L’Âge ingrat (1964)
* Maigret voit rouge (1963)
* Peau de banane (1963)
* Symphonie pour un massacre (1963)
* Les Yeux sans visage (1960)
* Le fauve est lâché (1959)See the CONTACT PAGE to contact us today to learn how our screenwriters can help write, rewrite, edit and market your story. After you have completed the contact form and I've had a chance to review the initial information, I'll email you a signed NDA and if you'd like, we can then schedule a time to discuss your project further. Below is the phone scheduler: