Dennis Gansel (born 4 October 1973) is a film director and screenwriter German.
Life and work
During his training period (1987 – 1993) Dennis Gansel was Tellkampfschule Hanover where graduated and obtained the Abitur (allowing access to the university diploma). From 1993 to 1995 made service to the community. From 1994 until 2000 he studied at the Academy of television and film Munich.
His first job was a so-called short The wrong trip conducted in 1995. His first feature film was in 1999 with Das Phantom (Ghost), a political thriller about The Red Army faction (RAF) with Jürgen Vogel as protagonist making researcher. The film aired on television in may 2000 and had not only a great media impact but also won three awards Adolf-Grimme. His film debut came in 2001 with Mädchen Mädchen (girls, girls).
The wave was released in 2008. The film was at the Sundance Film Festival in the World Cinema – Dramatic section. In the end award was for the Swedish film Ping-pongkingen Jens Jonsson. But the wave win bronze Deutschen Filmpreis (German film award) for best German film.
* 1995: The Wrong Trip (cotrometraje)
* 1996: Living Dead (cotrometraje)
* 1998: Im Auftrag des Herren (cotrometraje)
* 1999: Das Phantom
* 2001: Mädchen, Mädchen
* 2004: Napola – elite für den Führer
* 2008: Die Welle (the wave)
* 2009: Männerherzen (as guest actor)
* 2010: Wir sind die Nacht
* Bayerischer Filmpreis 2005 by Napola – elite für den Führer.
* Deutscher Filmpreis best screenplay in 2003 by Napola – elite für den Führer.
* Adolf-Grimme-Preis for Das Phantom (Ghost)
* Deutscher Filmpreis 2008 bronze by The wave (best film).