José María paolantonio is a playwright, screenwriter for film and film director, Theatre and television that he was born in San Cristóbal, Province of Santa Fe in Argentina, on 30 January 1931 and has developed an extensive artistic career.
At the six his family moved to the City of Santa Fe (Argentina). His mother was master and there lived his sister who was married to Rolando Hereñú which at that time was rector of the National College and they began to take you to museums, concerts, theatre, cinema, thus beginning his association with the art. In 1945 as a result of a strike by distributors of magazines I couldn’t read, as it usually did, Rico type magazine and so was writing and drawing to have a whole magazine with all drawings, all texts, which was then circulated through the district.
He loved to listen to the people and was a friend of the dispossessed. Already began to be able to write and put those texts heard in a character’s mouth. In 1954 he received lawyer at the Universidad Nacional del Litoral and subsequently obtained the diploma of Doctor of law and social sciences. 24 He had his first appointment in the public service. To remember in an interview years later, her remembered managing the Secretariat of culture of the municipality of Santa Fe noted the importance which took its negotiating and agree on: “Why today always advise young people rather than confront, we agree, and do.” There are people you consider enemy by prejudice and if one knows to explain what they want is your friend, or at least your Contributor. It should settle the confrontation and always raise negotiation. “Thus driving allows always have people biased seriously working on a project.”
Paolantonio, which has expertise in animation of cultural groups in 1975 at Loyola University, United States, has directed plays in major official theatres in the country (Teatro Colón, Teatro Nacional Cervantes Theatre General San Martín, President Alvear Theatre) and Chile, Uruguay, Brazil, Venezuela and Spain. For cultural activity in the province of Santa Fe was declared illustrious citizen by Universidad Nacional del Litoral.
* Secretary of culture and Social Action of the municipality of Santa Fe between 1958 and 1962.
* Director of the Department of extension College of the Universidad del Litoral between 1962 and 1968.
* Secretary of Cultural extension of Di Tella Institute from 1968 to 1971.
* Director of CICMAT, Centre for research in mass communication of art and technique of the city of Buenos Aires between 1971 / 1973.
* Cultural Director of the Republic of children (municipality of La Plata).
* Executive Director of the National Theater Institute (Secretariat of culture of the Presidency of the nation).
* Comprehensive designer of the Museo Jesuit of the reduction of San Ignacio (Misiones province).
* Designer of the children’s Space Centre (with CONAE – National Commission of space – activities to be developed in the Republic of children).
* National Director of Federal action and industries cultural of the Secretariat of culture of the nation.
* Under-Secretary of culture of the Secretariat of culture of the nation.
* Director and Professor at the city of Buenos Aires CICMAT (communication mass, art and Technology Research Center)
* Professor of Cultural integration in the Faculty of Engineering (UNL)
* Professor of conducting film on the CERC (experimentation centre and film making at the National Institute of cinematography).
* Associate Professor of Visual language I (National University of Lanus)
* First statement
* Two twins in distress
* General mobilization
* Twin rakes
* Paraiso (Ana and Mercedes)
* Dona Flor and her two husbands (drama version),
* Between single men
* The revolution of the seven heads
* The city
* Completed case
* Study room
* Height and green marriage
* Fire out
* Back round
* Where? what can I take? (in collaboration with Osvaldo Maggi)
* Frenchi Berutti garden
* Mad toy (1984)
* The film (1975)
* Magic Bay (2002)
* Mad toy (1984)
* The film (1975)
* The Raulito (1975)
* Quebracho (1974)
* Such an Interior: Deconstructing Pa (medium) (2002)…. As himself.
* The shortcut (1981)
* Giácomo (1981)
* Gunte barracks (1981)
* I have seen God (1981)
* Kids grow up (1981)
* Old piggy bank (1980)
* Jettatore (1980)
* Matthew (1980)
* 1981 Konex award: Television Director.
* 1991 Konex award: Television Director.
* First prize Editorial Lorange by Seven heads, 1957
* Book Quebracho Argentores award, 1974;
* Karlovy-Vary film International Festival (Czechoslovakia / 1974): jury special award to Quebracho;
* Opera Prima Award for the film at the San Sebastian International Film Festival in 1976;
* Award best screenplay for Film Festival La Raulito of of Panama in 1976.
* «Young people must be the protagonists of the culture. Accessed: 23-6-2010.
* «José María paolantonio». Accessed: 23-6-2010.