José Luis García Viloria (Zamora, 11 November 1929) is a director, producer and screenwriter for film and television, and Spanish writer.
He was born in Zamora on November 11, 1929. He studied high school with the Jesuits at the Pontifical Seminary of Comillas (Santander). In 1961, gets the title in film direction by Madrid, Official school of cinematography (E.O.C.) finishing their practices with the short film “bachelor party”.
In 1961, get the Golden Spike at the International Film Festival of Valladolid by his short film “Zamora, the plain to the Summit”.
In the beginning, he worked as Assistant Director in the feature film “her and fear” (Leon Klimovsky, 1964). Has also participated as an actor in “why tricks you into your husband?” (Manuel summers, 1969).
“The rape of T.T.” poster (1963), directed by José Luis Viloria.
José Luis Viloria belongs to a generation of young directors, forged in the Official film school (Madrid) after the revulsive accounted for the Seventh art in Spain the film conversations of Salamanca (1955), Basilio Martín Patino-driven. Other new directors together with Viloria graduated from that school, which had among its professors with professionals such as Carlos Fernández-Cuenca, Carlos Serrano de osma, Soria Florentino, Enrique Alarcón, or Luis García Berlanga,: Carlos saura, the same I Patino, Miguel Picazo, José Luis borau, Manuel summers, Julio diamond, Antonio Mercero, Victor Erice, Mario camus, and others.
While the very same Luis Gª Berlanga reached him cited as one of the promises of what would be called new cinema Spanish, the truth is that José Luis Viloria addressed barely a couple of feature films, precisely in those early years: “the rape of T.T.” (1963) – comedia-parodia on the abduction of an actress brigitte bardot, type performed by the multifaceted margit kocsis, a sculptural blonde who later became famous for starring in a few television commercials Spanish brandy “terry” on the back of a horse; and “Red Devils” (1966) – calls “values” for children – film. The rest of his career almost entirely dedicated it to management and realization of documentaries, especially since its association with Spanish television in the second half of the 1960s.The “Red Devils” film presented in 1966 by IV Certamen international film and TV for children (Gijón), shuffling as the favorite to get the award. But, finally, did not win award. Of this feature, commented in the national press as follows:
“José Luis Viloria presented here [in Gijón]” Red Devils “, a great study of child psychology which takes place in Zamora, in the climate of gangs.” Children are involved in an adventure that parade interesting human types. “Viloria, bowling and Chapinete [a children’s program on TVE presenters], made the presentation of the film and with them children which has interpreted it, Osorito”.
Eugenio Rioja, “ABC” (Madrid), 29-9, 1966, pp. 97-98
That same year 1966 Viloria achieves two top awards – among seven categories to contest-in the national competition of Industrial film, held in Valencia, “living a dream” – on a residence of the child in Villarcayo (Burgos) for vizacaya children, obra social Caja Ahorros Municipal de Bilbao (Vizcaya) – and “Crystal forges” – of production in the factory “Glassware and glassware of Lamiaco” of the company “glassware Spanish”, in Leioa (Vizcaya)-; also in 1968 wins second prize in the same competition, held this time in Málaga, the short “Firestone Hispania 67” – set in the factory of the same name existing in Basauri (Biscay).
Documentary “Silos inside.” “The splendour of Gregorian chant” (1991, reissued in 2006 because of Goya, José Luis Viloria realization.
In 1967, was provided to address his third feature film – “A robbery with music”, scripted by Rodrigo rivero, set in Barcelona and Andorra-, which finally sees the light.
He has been Professor of Official school of cinematography, script specialty.
On Spanish television, from 1967 until his retirement a few years ago has made a varied activity in various departments, mainly as a director, Director and/or writer of many documentaries and reports. Among the many programmes for which it has worked, include: “, Spain” (1967, led by Pius Caro Baroja); “Fiesta” (1968); “So far this century” (1968); “Teleclub” (1971); “Topics 75” (1975); “Old, new voices” (1977); “Current issue” (1978); “Tribune international” (1980); “Spain, without going further” (1982); “In parallel” (1983); “Featured” (1985); “Profiles” (1992); “Weekly report”…
In 1987 write the screenplay for a film about “the battle of the Ebro”, an episode of the last civil war, where the Catalan producer is concerned. This, finally, changes his mind and decides to make another movie on the life of The Lute.
For private companies has made films and documentaries with very significant titles: “living memory Silos.” Santo Domingo Millennium 2001 “; “Pedro Póveda: scream and silence”; “The Mozarabic chant”; “The ages of man” (the Borough of Osma and Palencia); “Silos inside.” “The splendour of Gregorian chant”; “The Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela”; “Toledo and el Greco”…
In 2009, his first novel has been published: “he heard moaning sea”.
Lately, has completed the script of “the voice on the other side”, a tribute to combatants of Bottle fifth lads from 17 to 18 years called rows by the Republic in 1938, at less than one year from the end of the civil war.
His work as director, producer and screenwriter, both in commercial and industrial film or television, is very diverse.
* Golden Spike Valladolid (1961) by Zamora land, Summit
* First national prize of Industrial film Valencia (1966) by living a dream
* First national prize of Industrial film Valencia (1966) by Crystal Fraguas
* Second national prize of Industrial film Malaga (1968) by Firestone Hispania 67
* The abduction of T.T. (1963, Accurate) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* The Red Devils (1966, Red OWL) (director, screenwriter, argument)
Short films and documentaries
* Zamora, city without years (1960, Eurofilms) (director and scriptwriter) – classified sometimes as “Zamora” –
* Bachelor party (1961, Official school of cinematography) (director and writer)
* Zamora, land of Summit (1961, Eurofilms) (director and scriptwriter) – also called “the plain to the Summit” or “Zamora from the plain to the Summit” –
* Labour universities – A (1962, chapalo films) (director and writer)
* University labor – B (1962, chapalo films) (director and writer)
* Students of blue monkey (1963, chapalo films) (director and writer)
* Twenty-five years of peace: Spanish life (1964, No-Do) (director)
* Hunger (1965, Cinecorto) (director)
* They will be fed with (1965, Cinecorto) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* Living a dream (1966, Movirama pulldown) (director and writer)
* Crystal Fraguas (1966, Movirama pulldown) (director and writer)
* Moguer (1967, X films) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* Jerez de la Frontera (1967, X films) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* Laredo (1967, X films) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* Guernica (1967, X films) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* Elorrio (1967, X films) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* Bermeo (1967, X films) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* Castro Urdiales (1967, X films) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* Aracena (1967, X films) (director, screenwriter, argument)
* The magnificent cars rally (1967, tubau films) (director)
* Forge of glass (1967, No-Do) (director)
* Firestone Hispania 67 (1968, Movirama pulldown) (director and writer)
* And Murcia had Salzillo (1969, Televisión Española) (director)
* History of slavery (1969, Movinter) (director and writer)
* Albacete travel (1971, No-Do) (director and writer)
* Tradition and future (1972, Movirama pulldown) (director)
* Gijón, feria y fiestas (1972, No-Do) (director and writer)
* Gijón City 2000 years (1972, No-Do) (director and writer)
* Flashes of a run (1981, Jesus Manzanares Prod.) (director and writer)
* Silos inside (1991, IMTEV) (filmmaker) (reprinted by Goya productions in 2006)
* Pedro Póveda: scream and silence (1991, Studio one) (director)
* Mozarabic chant (1995, IMTEV) (director and producer)
* The ages of man: Burgo de Osma (1997, L.E.D.H Foundation) (director and producer)
* The ages of man: Palencia (1999, L.E.D.H. Foundation) (director and producer)
* Silos, living memory: Millennium of Santo Domingo (2001) (director and producer)
* I thought, why I spoke (2003, Teresian) (director and filmmaker) – on the canonization of Fr Pedro Póveda, 2003 – mayWorks on television
As director, filmmaker and/or screenwriter of documentaries and interviews, she has intervened in a variety of television programs (TVE), teniendose move sometimes out of Spain international correspondent. Among others:
* Here, Spain (1967)
* Fiesta (1968)
* The will of the century (1968)
* Teleclub (1971)
* 75 Topics (1975)
* Old lands, new voices (1977)
* Current issue (1978)
* International Forum (1980)
* Spain, no go further (1982): “Empordà”; “pallarés”; “Arcos de la Frontera”; “ubeda”; “Baeza”…
* In parallel (1983)
* On cover (1985): “The generation of the Kalashnikov” – on the 10 years of civil war in Lebanon, Arturo Pérez-Reverte – journalist; “The Israeli capital of Jerusalem”…
* Profiles (1992): “Luis Rosales;” “in his burning home”; “Carmen Conde, passion and the verb”…
* Weekly report (various years)
* Special programs (various years): “Centennial of Santo Domingo de Silos”; “The painter Piñole”; “Celebrations of the Moroccan throne”…
* In addition, worked as director-realizador of films representing TVE to the European Broadcasting Union (EBU): “Long beak”; “Tape blue”; “The House-Museum the Toboso Dulcinea”…
Previously unpublished screenplays
* Dove necklace (198_) – based love episodes of the homonymous work of Moorish writer Ibn hazm (994-1064)
* The battle of the Ebro (1987) – about the Spanish Civil War – WWE
* The voice of the other shore (2010) – tribute to the Fifth bottle during the civil war –