Paul Verhoeven ( June 23, 1901, Unna, Westphalia – 22 March 1975, Munich, Germany) was an actor, screenwriter and film director and German Theatre. He is the founder of dynasty actors Verhoeven.
He acted, directed and wrote the script for more than 50 movies, the first Das kleine Hofkonzert in 1935.
During the Nazism comedies he filmed and was not bothered by the authorities.
From 1945 to 1948 was artistic director of the set of the Residence theater in Munich.
Verhoeven was married to actress doris kiesow, had three children: Lis verhoeven, actress and wife of Mario adorf (both parents of stella adorf); Michael verhoeven, director married actress senta berger, whose sons Luca and simon verhoeven are also dedicated to cinema; and Monika Verhoeven.
His relationship with actress Edith schultze-westrum had his son Thomas Schultze-Westrum, animal documentary filmmaker.
Verhoeven died on stage in 1975 while he recited the Elegy for the legendary actress therese giehse in Munich.
It is not related to the Dutch director of the same name born in 1938.
* 1936 – der kaiser von kalifornien (actor)
* 1936 – Das Hofkonzert
* 1949 Du bist nicht allein (director)
* 1950 – Das kalte Herz (director)
* 1951 – Heidelberger romance (director)
* 1952 – Das any passieren kann (director)
* 1953 Vergiß die Liebe nicht (director)
* 1954 Hoheit lassen bitten (director, actor, screenplay)
* 1954 – eine frau von heute (director, actor)
* 1954 – What Walzer
* 1956 Die Brücke goldene (director)
* 1959 – Der first (director)
* 1961 Ihr schönster Tag (director)
* 1967 – Paarungen (actor; director: Michael Verhoeven)
* 1968 Ein Mann namens Harry Brent
* 1973 – Oh, oh, Jonathan – Jonathan