John Halas Zephyrhills, FL 33542
Cell: 323-570-4473 Email: John@ScreenwritersForHire.Com
- Wrote a movie treatment for “Fugitive Colors,” a WWII historical fiction novel about stolen art, love, lust, deception.
- Adapted the best-selling novel “Little Girl Lost” into a professional TV show treatment and TV show script.
- Wrote “The Last Historian,” a psychologically-believable young-adult, sci-fi movie screenplay.
- Acknowledged in the novelization of the award-winning screenplay, The Pineville Heist, which was turned into a major motion picture in Canada. Logline: Aaron Stevens stumbles into the middle of a bank robbery gone wrong and finds himself trapped inside his school and is hunted down by one of the brutal robbers.
- Wrote an e-book about three act movie screenplay structure, complete with three examples from three different movies.
- Wrote dozens of other screenwriting projects, from short film scripts, TV shows, movies, and documentaries in wide-variety of genres.
Professional Screenwriter 2006 – Present
- Worked directly with author clients to adapt their books to movie, feature film, and television show treatments and screenplays.
J.H.S. 166 George Gershwin Brooklyn, NY
Certified Writing Teacher 2004 – 2005
John Ericsson Middle School 126 Brooklyn, NY
Certified Writing Teacher 2003 – 2004
Master’s Degree in Education: State University of New York at Buffalo Buffalo, NY
Masters in Secondary Education with a concentration in English, 3.934 GPA 2003
Learned how to teach writing and the foundations of teaching and management.
Canisius College Buffalo, NY
Bachelor of Arts – English and Creative Writing, 3.5 GPA 2001
Studied literature and writing while applying the essentials of story structure and style to creative writing.