Fernando López Heptener (October 29, 1902 – 2 October 1993), optical, photographer and filmmaker Spanish.
He was born in Écija, Seville Andalucía (Spain) on 29 October of 1902 and died in Zamora, Castile and León (Spain) on 2 October 1993. He was a pioneer in optical study and photography.
His first photographs
At six her grandfather gave her the first House of photography. It was a box camera of glass plates, 6.5 x 9 cm, which cost 3,70 pesetas. With her pull their first photos to his older brother when you first communion photos that worked well. Also give you around this time his first laboratory, which among other gadgets at the time had a dangerous bluff of red cloth with a candle inside.
1921 Completes the career of Merchant marine, which would exercise for the first time in the 1950s, when you boot a boat rowing on the River Duero.
In 1923 he performs topography and photo monitoring in the construction of the Rif minerals pans.
Moved his residence to round on health grounds in 1927, where wheel his first film script: The Club of unmarried women, a silent short about eleven minutes shot in 16 mm. Probably the first movie feminist Spanish with some touches of intrigue and humor. It is currently assigned to the Spanish film library.
In January 1929 offer you a job in Zamora. Perform work as a draughtsman and surveyor “breaks the Duero” enterprise in the engineering project: “The Ricobayo dam”. At first it works in the way to work and the reconsideration of the 100 m high dam construction.
In addition, since the beginning is responsible for carrying out and processing of photos and documentary cinema, that serve to inform the monitoring work. Working with size 6 x 13 cm glass plates and 13 x 18 cm. impresses and organized copies to be shipped to Bilbao, seat of the headquarters. The first copies the impresses in ferroprusiato, ferrogálico and ozalid paper.
1929 April 26 appears in his diary the following annotation: Testing film (exit for Bilbao film)
. It is the first reference who has his film activity in the company.
Just make some friends in this new land performs with them their second movie screenplay: story of a role, shot on 16 mm film that is the ups and downs of a role with a powerful explosive secret formula and everyone wants. This film has been donated to the Spanish film library.
When your company learns of cinematographic enjoys and appreciates the results of his first reportage on 16 mm, he doesn’t mind spending a few real and buy a 35 mm camera crank, with wheel a film about the construction of the dam: major works world, which happens to be one of the first sound industrial documentaries made in Spain.
From this film is the correspondent for a large area of the film news movitone fox, Spain sends news from 1933 shot in Cordoba, Seville, Salamanca and Zamora to 1936.
In his documentary by zamora lands from 1933 the tourist documentary with the industrial mix and begins to spread the image of these lands.
Married in 1935 conception Landa Feliú.
The war and its aftermath
During the Civil War he makes several films for UFA and LUCE news publishers.
Then make, in their industrial and tourist free, documentary times on an almost annual basis total exceeding 50 documentaries. Gets with them numerous national awards, many of these documentaries represent Spain at various international festivals, winning prizes at Berlin, Cannes, new York, Turin, Bilbao, Rouen, Paris, San Sebastián and Geneva. The latter in 1986 by the film “large dams” what has meant the third international prize that obtains this documentary.
His woman dies on March 27, 1942, he stays widower with two children. 1 April 1944, married her second husband Dolores Krahe Herrero, who will have 6 children.
As a correspondent for NO-DO they publish over 100 news, not only of topics and events in the province of Zamora, but also on other Spanish provinces.
Already with TVE acts as correspondent since its inception several years until he left for professional reasons.
Tireless photographer WINS numerous awards advertising of social issues both photography. Performs an industrial file for Iberduero of over 50,000 plates and negatives.
In 1972 it retires company Iberduero, but continues to make films as an independent professional.
Optical diploma, owner of a trade in the branch of photography and optics in the city of Zamora. Provincial delegate of Zamora National College of optical, from its founding until 16 December 1980.
Awards and tributes
The Diputación de Zamora performs a tribute in 1986. Participates as a jury in national samples of Industrial film organized by the CEOE. Years 1991, 1992 and 1993.
In October 1991 as part of the 4th contest of film and video business and institutional of the Basque country in Vitoria, perform you another tribute.
During the 6th National sample of film and video company sponsored the CEOE, Benalmádena (Malaga) in 1992 received a special award in recognition of his professional career.
1992 Participates as actor in the development of the documentary and later book by Álvaro sheet and edited by Iberdrola in 1996 echoes of the past.
In June 1993 Zamora Chamber of Commerce gives you the Medal of the dedication of business.
He died in Zamora day 2 October 1993.
1994 Publishes the book cinema documentary and informative company. 50 years of Fernando López Heptener in Iberduero and NO-DO production, by Mariano cebrián Herreros, whose texts were personally reviewed by Lopez Heptener.
In 1997 they make posthumous homage during the celebration of the 100th anniversary film Prime in Zamora. In March of that year the film library of Castilla y León projected one of his early films a paper history and delivered his family a plaque in recognition of his contribution to cinema in the region.
Since 1998 is the revision and restoration of the his film archive, deposited by IBERDROLA in the Spanish film library.
In the years 1999 – 2000 the Spanish film library includes fragments of The Club of single women and the history of a role in the exhibition dream cinema, traveling for several Spanish capitals.
On 13 October 2000. Premieres in Ronda (Malaga), the movie El Club of unmarried women ‘, by having been filmed by Fernando in the city back in the year 1928 and that once was never released.
29 December 2000. Premieres at the headquarters of Club La opinion El Correo of Zamora and specifically in the Hall of Caja Duero, film Per land of Zamora restored by Juan Mariné that year.
* 1927-29 Unmarried women CLUB (10′) HEPTENER LÓPEZ. B/w 16 mm. Fiction. Silent.
* 1929-32 Tracking works RICOBAYO. BREAKS THE DUERO. B/w 16 mm. and several silent documentaries with labels. Located in the year 2000
* 1930-31 A paper history (10′) HEPTENER LÓPEZ. B/w 16 mm. Fiction. Silent.
* 1930-32 Large world works (11′) breaks the DUERO. 35 Mm-B/w Sonora. Premiered at film projections in Madrid in 1932.
* 1930 FIESTA (11′) breaks the DUERO. B/w 16 mm. Holiday in Muelas del Pan. 15 August 1930. In the year 1999
* 1933 Per land DE ZAMORA (10′) breaks the DUERO. 35 Mm-B/w Sonora. First performed in the film Capitol of Madrid in 1933.
* 1935 Yesterday and today in CASTILE (10′) breaks the DUERO. 35 Mm-B/w Sonora.
* 1932-36 B/w FOX MOVIETONE FOX MOVIETONE news:
o Juan belmonte in Seville enticing
o Tribute to Unamuno
o Tribute to Romero de Torres
o Cordoban patios contest
* 1936 News for UFA and looks. This UFA and looks. B/W. There is no record of titles or images.
* 1952 The dam and reservoir (11′) NO-DO / IBERDUERO. B/W.It also appears as El Salto and the dam.
* 1954 A HYDROELECTRIC power plant (10′) NO-DO / IBERDUERO. B/W.
* 1956 Water breaks. HYDROELECTRIC development of the DOURO (10′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1956 Energy and power (20′) COLOR. NO-DO / IBERDUERO.
o Selected to represent Spain at the San Sebastian International Film Festival.
o Projected in the City of Toledo in their day worldwide.
* 1957 CORRESPONDENT FOR TVE. TVE B/W. Since this year conference news about the region of Castilla y León
* 1957 From the PYRENEES to the DOURO (10′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o Selected to represent Spain at the “Brussels UNIVERSAL exhibition” industry M. 1957.
o Selected for its World Energy Conference projection.
o NO-DO distributes the first roll under the title by the basin of the Cinca.
* 195? Excursion to the PYRENEES (10′) B/w molting. IBERDUERO. Located in 1999.
* 1957 By the basin of the CINCA COLOR. NO-DO / IBERDUERO.
* 1958 The DUERO and his JUMPS (20′) COLOR. IBERDUERO. Selected for screening at the International fair of Brussels samples. Distributed by NO-DO under the title, energy and power with different mounting.
* 1958 The EBRO and DUERO (30′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o Selected by M. industry representing Spain on the X Congress of UNESCO. Paris 1958.
o II prize of the Royal Geographical Society of Spain Madrid 1958.
o Selected by Union of cinematography for several foreign festivals to attend.
* 1959 News 1958-1959 (10′) COLOR. IBERDUERO. Selected for its World Energy Conference projection.
* 1959 Break of ALDEADÁVILA (construction) (30′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o Golden Eagle in the Turin International Festival.
o II Prize in the National competition of Industrial film. Madrid 1959.
* 1959 Lands of Aragon per COLOR. Electrical gathered in Zaragoza. Stray film.
* 1960 By the DUERO basin (32′) COLOR. IBERDUERO. Spanish and English versions.
o DIPLOMA in the I International Festival of the Industrial Film of Rouen.
o DIPLOMA in the II contest International Latin-American and Filipino of Bilbao.
o Selected by the National Union of cinematography and the Department of Foreign Affairs of the National Trade Union delegation to attend international festivals.
* 1961 1961 Newsletter (13′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o DIPLOMA of the contest International Latin-American and Filipino of Bilbao.
* 1961 To produce light (19′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o Selected to represent Spain in the I Recontres Internationales du Film pour la Jeunesse. Cannes. Gets the honour DIPLOMA.
o Selected by the National Union of cinematography to foreign festivals.
* 1962 Grown DOURO (10′) IBERDUERO/NO-DO COLOR
* 1962 Overlooking the DOURO (21′) COLOR. IBERDUERO. Selected to represent Spain at the following festivals:
o II Prize in the International commercial fair Festival. New York City.
o Spanish Commercial Week in Ojld.
o DIPLOMA of HONOR in III Recontres Internationales du Film pour la Jeunesse. Cannes.
o III International Film Festival commercial. Berlin (Sep-1962).
o 2Nd prize at the IV Certamen Ibero-American and Filipino film documentary. Bilbao 8-Oct-1962.
* 1962 1962 Newsletter (15′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1963 The dam of ALDEADÁVILA (30′) COLOR. IBERDUERO. Spanish, English, French and Arabic versions.
o 2Nd Prize in the V contest International Latin-American and Philippine cinema documentary in Bilbao.
o II Prize in the Industrial film I Certamen Nacional. Madrid 1963.
o DIPLOMA in Short I international film competition in Color.
o Presented at the 4th International Film Festival commercial.
o Selected to exhibit at the International Industrial trade fair in New York.
* 1964 By the SIL basin (28′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o 2Nd Prize in the II contest national cinema Industrial. Madrid 1964.
* 1965 Break ALDEADÁVILA (opening). 2 Versions 11′ COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1965 The ALDEADÁVILA CENTRAL (27′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o Selected to run on Ruen International Festival. (12-Oct-65)
* 1965 And always electricity (12′) COLOR. UNESA.
o 2Nd place National pageant III Industrial film. Barcelona 1965.
o Selected to represent Spain at the International Festival of Ruen (Oct 13, 65)
* 1966 By creating electricity (19′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1967 When the light comes (10′) COLOR. UNESA.
* 1967 1967 Newsletter (15′) COLOR CINEMASCOPE. IBERDUERO.
* 1968 News 1968 14′ COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1968 Of looking ahead: the feat of a transport (14′) NUCLENOR.
o VII national pageant Industrial film honorary plaque. Granada 1969.
* 1969 Document 69 (16′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1970 Cement in CASTILE (13′) COLOR. CEMENTS HONTORIA.
o VIII national pageant Industrial film honorary plaque. Zaragoza 1970.
* 1970 History 70 (15′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1971 History 71 (17′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o Honorary plaque IX Certamen National Industrial film. Santander 1971.
* 1972 Record 72 (17′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o Honorary plaque national pageant X film Industrial. Valladolid 1972.
* 1972 A nuclear power plant (18′) COLOR. NUCLENOR.
* 1973 Large dams (22′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o II Prize XI national pageant of Industrial film. San Sebastián 1973.
o 2Nd prize at the XIV International Festival. Paris 1973.
o TURBINE of gold (I) the Film Festival on energy. Lausanne – Switzerland 23-May-1986
* 1973 History 73 (16′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1975 History 75 (20′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1975 As well ES VIESGO (22′) COLOR. VIESGO ELECTRA
* 1975 Large FIREPLACE (20′) COLOR. ENTRECANALES.
* 1976 History 76 (21′) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
o 2Nd prize at the 13th National Industrial film competition. Huelva 1976.
* 1977 75 Years of history (52’) COLOR. IBERDUERO.
* 1978 ZAMORA time COLOR. NO-DO
Unfinished 1970s documentaries.
* Sabotage IBERDUERO COLOR. On the Lemoniz nuclear attack. Filmed in its entirety and premontado.
* CENTRAL LEMONIZ NUCLEAR COLOR. IBERDUERO. Shot in its entirety and premontado
* The almond branch and CENTRAL DE VILLARINO COLOR. IBERDUERO. Shot in its entirety and premontado
* 1940S could find the script for the documentary ASÍ CANTA CASTILE master Haedo music and songs from Zamora Real Coral.