Rafael Azcona Fernández (Logroño, October 24, 1926 – Madrid, 24 March 2008)[ 1 ], Spanish writer. One of the greatest writers Spanish film. He started as a novelist and collaborated in his early days with humorous magazines of the era like the quail. In collaboration with the director Italian Marco ferreri in 1959 to adapt his novel the pisto provisionally entered the world of cinema, which already would never abandon.
In his words: “I write screenplays because I find it easier to write novels”.
His first scripts as the pisto, the pram, the executioner, etc., try the portrait of his era and denounces the misery that then prevailed. He always worked with directors to share their interest in reflect the reality of Spanish film.
Died March 24 2008 to 81 years old, after suffering from a lung cancer for some time.
Movie ↓ Director ↓ Year ↓
The pisto Marco Ferreri 1959
The pram Marco Ferreri 1960
Plácido Luis García Berlanga 1961
Mafioso Alberto Lattuada 1962
The executioner Luis García Berlanga 1963
The great binge Marco Ferreri 1973
The Anchorite Juan Estelrich 1976
A man called Flor de Otoño Pedro Olea 1978
The national shotgun Luis García Berlanga 1978
Divorce next Pedro Masó 1980
National heritage Luis García Berlanga 1981
National III Luis García Berlanga 1982
The Court of Pharaoh José Luis García Sánchez 1985
The Heifer Luis García Berlanga 1985
The year of the lights Fernando Trueba 1986
The living forest José Luis Cuerda 1987
Laura Spanish Antonio Giménez-Rico 1988
Ay Carmela! Carlos Saura 1990
Belle époque Fernando Trueba 1992
Lorena Spain (and Portugal) José Luis García Sánchez 1994
La Celestina Gerardo Vera 1996
The girl of your dreams Fernando Trueba 1998
The language of the butterflies José Luis Cuerda 1999
Are sea Bigas Luna 2001
Blind sunflowers José Luis Cuerda 2008
* 1982 National award for cinematography
* 1987 Medal of La Rioja
* 1988 Goya for best screenplay for the living forest.
* 1991 Goya for best screenplay adapted by Oh, Carmela!
* 1993 Goya for best original screenplay by belle époque.
* 1994 Goya for best screenplay adapted by Tyrant flags.
* 1994 Medal of gold of fine arts.
* 1998 Goya of honor.
* 2000 Writing in the Malaga Film Festival by goodbye with the heart.
* 2000 Goya best screenplay-adapted by the language of the butterflies.
* 2006 Ninth Malaga Film Festival Prize Ricardo Franco.
* 2007 Award of the fine arts of La Rioja.
* 2008 Goya for best screenplay adapted by blind sunflowers (shared with the director, José Luis Cuerda Award).
Documentaries about Rafael Azcona
* Office of screenwriter: directed by David trueba and broadcast on Canal Plus (2007).
* Rafael Azcona: directed by Fernando Olmeda. Issued in Cultural.es and RTVE (2009 and 2010) 2. Projected at the Seville Film Festival (2009) and the summer courses of the University Complutense of Madrid (2010).
1. To b died screenwriter Rafael Azcona
2. illustrious – Riojanos Rafael Azcona.